The winter season is one of the most beautiful times of the year. The snow, ice and cold temperatures can be fun to play in, but they also pose a serious health risk if you’re not careful. Here are five ways to enjoy winter without exposing yourself to COVID-19:
- Keep your hands warm.
- Wear warm clothes and cover your face, head and ears.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol until the threat has passed.
Protect yourself from cold weather
- Wear a hat, scarf and gloves.
- Wear layers of clothing that can be removed when you need to get warm in a hurry.
- Keep your head, hands and feet warm by wearing waterproof boots that are easy to take off if you feel too hot or cold when you’re outside (or even just sitting down). Also make sure you have enough socks on hand because you’ll need them all day long!
- Wearing sunglasses will help protect your eyes from UV rays as well as any other environmental hazards like wind or raindrops. And sunscreen is another good idea for keeping skin healthy during wintertime highs/lows—a must-have item for anyone who spends time outdoors during those times!
Limit strenuous activity in extreme temperatures
When it’s cold outside, do your best to limit strenuous activity. If you’re planning on exercising in the dead of winter, try to avoid overexerting yourself when the temperature drops below freezing. It’s not just your body that will suffer if you overdo it; staying out in the cold for too long can lead to a number of health problems like hypothermia and frostbite.
Strenuous activities include:
- Jogging or running outside without proper clothing (or even tights)
- Biking or skiing at high altitudes where the air is thin enough that breathing becomes difficult
- Cross-country skiing on trails that are not well prepared for snow removal
Stay warm and hydrated
- Wear layers. It’s important to stay warm and dry, so you’ll need to wear several layers of clothing.
- Wear a hat and mittens. Your head should be covered with a hat or scarf, while your hands are protected by mittens (or gloves).
- Wearing waterproof boots is also a good idea in order to keep your feet dry when it’s raining or snowing outside; they’ll keep you from getting wet through the bottom of your shoes as well as from rain coming into them via cracks in their soles!
Eat healthy snacks to keep you energized while you’re on the go.
- Eat healthy snacks to keep you energized while you’re on the go.
- Avoid eating junk food, which can be high in sugar and low in fiber. Instead, choose foods that are high in protein and fiber (like nuts or seeds).
- Eat a balanced meal at least three times per day. This will help boost your metabolism so you burn more calories throughout the day instead of storing them as fat!
Take care of yourself
- Eat healthy snacks and drinks to keep your body hydrated, which will help you avoid COVID-19 infection.
- Exercise regularly to keep your heart and lungs healthy, which can also help prevent COVID-19 infection.
- Wear warm clothes when you go outside in the winter months because it’s easy for cold air to get into your body through a cut or scrape on the skin of your face or hands! If possible, wear a mask if there are high winds (or other environmental factors) that could increase chances of getting a cold/flu like illness from COVID-19 exposure!
Knowing how to reduce your risk of COVID-19 can help you live a healthier life. By taking some precautions, you can keep yourself warm and safe during the winter season. You’ll also be able to enjoy more of the fun things in life!